AKC Breeder of Merit
What to Expect When We're Expecting ...
1. We start accepting deposits only when pregnancy is confirmed. We do not accept deposits for unknown or
possible future litters which causes families to wait for months for a "possible hopeful puppy".
2. After discussing your interest in a puppy and completing our puppy questionnaire if we decide that a puppy from us would be a good match we will need you to print off the health contract and sign the back page and fill in your contact info. Send a deposit check payable to Stormy Point Goldens for $250. Remaining Balance paid when puppy goes home. Also indicate which sex you prefer.
3. We accept visitors to meet the parents prior to puppies arrival on scheduled open house days. Once Puppies are born no one can visit our home until the pups have had their first vaccine and vet visit at 6-7 weeks of age. This is to ensure the safety of the newborn puppies. No puppy sale is worth us losing a litter of puppies because we allowed someone to bring in parvo or kennel cough ! We will be happy to send references from past puppy homes. (Now Subject to Covid Rules we have made some changes)
4. We will send out an e-mail to new puppy homes when the puppies are 4 weeks old. In that e-mail you will be notified of your appointment time to pick up your puppy. The e-mail will also have all info needed for you to be ready for your new puppy. We have a one time open house visitation the weekend prior to the litter going home. This
happens for two hours on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. At that time you will get to see the entire litter and meet the parents. We encourage everyone to attend.
5. We update pictures of our litters every week on our website. We also send videos and weekly updates of the progress of the litter.
6. The puppies have to be at least 7 weeks old when they go home in accordance to VA state law usually they are 8 weeks when we send pups home. They usually go home on a Saturday or Sunday. We match pet puppies with the families. We have raised and learned the personalities of each puppy from the day they are born. We take into consideration what you are looking for in a puppy and make the best match possible. If you are not happy when you come to meet your puppy you are by no means obligated to take that puppy home and we will gladly refund the deposit. I also reserve the right to refund the deposit at any time during the process if I feel the new family is not a good match for one of our pups.
7. All of our puppies are fed Purina Pro Plan Large Breed puppy food or Royal canine puppy. We recommend you continue them on this until 8 months of age. Then switching them to a large breed adult formula. We recommend Pro Plan Large Breed Adult Formula or Royal Canine Golden Retriever.